This two-story house is probably built in the late 18th century, judging by the construction of the arched ceilings on the ground floor, and rebuilt in the early 1850s after the 1849 bombing (during the 1848–49 revolutions in the Habsburg Empire. It originally bore the features of the late Baroque style.
On the Sauter’s map of Novi Sad, dated to the year 1889, we can see the floor plan of this house, on the land lot No. 859.
The house has an L-shaped floor-plan, with a right yard-wing, and the entrance to the living area is from the Laze Telečkog street No. 5.
In the early 1920s reconstruction, the Baroque-style facade, including the first-floor bay window, was removed and the new facade with balcony in Art-nouveau style replaced it.
On the ground floor of the street facade, there are three large rectangular shop windows.
The first-floor street facade is dominated by the balcony with wrought iron railings in the Art-nouveau style.
The first-floor window on the right end is a kibic-fenster.
The communication balcony with wrought-iron railing connects the first-floor rooms, with a stone staircase.
The street wing of the house has a double-slope roof, while the left yard wing has a single-slope roof. The street wing and the yard wing are covered with the original crown tiles.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
The sources and materials of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for the realization of this website
The Old Core of Novi Sad was declared a cultural asset, by the decision on establishing it as a spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 no. 633-151/2008 of January 17, 2008, “Sl. gazette of the Republic of Serbia” no. 07/2008.