A one-story building, built in the style of early classicism, with a base in the shape of the Cyrillic letter “P”, at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, for Sava Vuković (1743-1811), the owner and founder of Zmaj Jovina Gymnasium.
Later, the owner was Stevan Branovački (1804-1888), Novi Sad mayor and lawyer, and then Pavle Mačvanski, also the mayor.
During the first decade of the 20th century, merchant Sava Mogin became the owner, who carried out an extensive adaptation, during which a new decoration was installed in the form of a shallow art nouveau floral ornament, as well as a balcony above the car entrance.
The street facade of this one-story house with six verical openings and a centrally placed semi-circular vehicular entrance made of pink stone.
The frames of the windows and balcony doors are with shallow art nouveau floral decoration and finials.
The facade fabric is horizontally grouted.
On Sauter’s plan from 1889, this house is marked on what was then lot number 1415.
In a photo taken around 1900, we see this house without a balcony and with classicist architrave pediments on consoles above the windows.
In the photo of the gardener of this house from 1992, we see how the courtyard facade is dominated by a communication balcony on profiled stone consoles, with a wrought iron fence.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
The sources and materials of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for the realization of this website
The Old Core of Novi Sad was declared a cultural asset, by the decision on establishing it as a spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 no. 633-151/2008 of January 17, 2008, “Sl. gazette of the Republic of Serbia” no. 07/2008.