This two-story house, with a rectangular-shaped floor plan, was built in 1881, by design of the Baumeister Stefan Frank, for the owner Nikola Manojlovic.
On the 1745 map of Novi Sad, there was a rectangular-shaped house, in its place.
The owner of this house at the beginning of the 20th century was a wheat trader Kosta Grujic. He extended the house to the yard, by design of the Baumeister Bela Peklo.
This house bears the features of the Neoclassical style, with three segmental arched openings on the ground floor in line with three first-floor windows.
In this photo of Dunavska street taken during the Great Flood of 1876, we can see a one-story house in its place.
In this photo, taken in 1905, the facade of this house is clearly visible. Above the first-floor windows were archetrival pediments with acroterions, and below decorative floral elements, that are later removed.
In this photo, taken in 1912, we can see that no significant changes were made on the facade.
In this photo taken in the 1930s, judging by the car parked in front of this house, we can also see that no significant changes were made on the facade.
That means it got its present-day look in a reconstruction after the war.
In this photo, taken in 1992, we can see the façade of the house after the reconstruction in the early 1980s. The first-floor windows are in adorned martyr frames, but the architrave pediments above and decorations below have been removed. It is similar to its present-day look.
In this photo, taken in 1992, the facade is also similar to its present-day look.
The one-story yard wing is an early 20th-century addition.
The street wing of the house has a double-slope roof, while the yard wing has a single-slope roof.
It is covered with crown-tiles and modern roof tiles.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
Sources and materials of the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for this site
THE NOVI SAD OLD TOWN was declared a cultural property by the decision for determining spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 No 633-151/2008 of 17th January 2008, “Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia” No 07/2008.