There are two two-storey houses at this house number.
The first one (1.) is smaller with a narrow facade, with a trapezoid-shaped base, following the old curved street line.
It’s original construction date is unknown, but assumed to be early 1800s.
The house had sustained extensive damage in the 1849 Uprising bombing, sharing the destiny of most buildings in the city centre, and it was reconstructed in early 1850s, in the style of late-classicism.
The second one (2.) is significantly bigger, with a poligonal-shaped base and a slightly angled facade, along the old curved street line. It was built at the turn of the 18th and the 19th centuries, and it had also sustained extensive damage in the 1849 Uprising bombing. It was reconstructed 1852 by baumeister Georg Molnar, for the owner Aleksandr Milic. A cannon ball from the 1849 bombardment is built in its facade:
The house was also reconstructed in 1925, while its courtyard wing was partly demolished in 1948.
It’s owner in the first half of 20th century was the Dundjerski family.
The first house (1.) is in Neoclassical style, with three openings on the groundfloor and four on the first floor.
The second house (2) bears the features of a transition style between baroque and classicism, with a slightly angled façade. The house has the original arching vehicle gate made of natural stone.
On the ground floor, the traditional 18 and 19 century style shops are mainly preserved, with wooden shutters distributed irregularly.
On this photo of Dunavska street taken during the Great flood od 1876, we can see how the facade and the roofs of these houses didn’t change much since that time.
On this photo of Dunavska street taken during the Great flood od 1876, we can see part of facade of this house with it’s arched gateway.
We can also see the facade on this photo taken in the 1880s.
On this photo taken in 1912 we can see the facade quite well, and it didn’t change much to this day.
On this photo taken in 1992, we can see the façade of the first house (1.) after the reconstruction in the early 1980s, again with no significant changes.
Sledeća fotografija je takođe iz 1992. godine. Fasada druge kuće do blagog preloma fasade bila je okrečena u različitu boju od ostatka objekta, pa je to stavaralo utisak posebne kuće.
On this photo also taken in 1992, we can see the façade of the second house (2.) after the reconstuction of the Dunavska street in the early 1980s.
This color photo of part of the façade of the second house (2.) at this house number was also taken in 1995. We can see one of the oldest goldsmith shops in the city – “Bata”.
All the rooms of the shops on the ground floor are under vaults, as well as the arched gateway of the second house (2.)
The courtyard facade most prominent feature is the communication balcony, with decorative stone consoles and a wrought-iron railing.
The old fontane next to the gateway is also an interesting detail of the courtyard.
The street wing of the first house (1.) has a double-slope roof. It is covered with new crown tiles.
The street wing of the second house (2.) also has a double-slope roof, while the short yard wings have a single-slope roof. It is covered with the original crown tiles.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
Sources and materials of the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for this site
THE NOVI SAD OLD TOWN was declared a cultural property by the decision for determining spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 No 633-151/2008 of 17th January 2008, “Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia” No 07/2008.