This is a three storey building, built in the early 1930s, in the place of the demolished Barbican of the Petrovaradin fortress.
The development of this line of buildings, at the end of Dunavska street, towards the riverbank, was the realization of the first regulatory plan for Novi Sad, from 1910, designed by the rector of the Technical Faculty in Budapest Silard Zjelinski.
In the 2017-18 reconstruction, another mansard floor was added, giving the facade its present-day look.
In the photo below, we see the facade of the building before the 2017-18 reconstruction, which was close to the original look of the building.
This photo of the line of building at the end of Dunavska street was taken in 1984: