This two-story house, with an L-shaped floor plan, was built in 1852, by design of the Baumeister Andreas Haner, for the owner Gavrić Nešković. In was built in place of the older house destroyed in the 1849 Uprising bombing.
On the 1745 map of Novi Sad, there was a rectangular-shaped house, in its place.
On the original 1852 blueprint of this house (Historical archives of Novi Sad, Nr. F.1.38/1853.), we can see that the facade is in the style of the late Neoclassicism, and the cross-section with ground floor rooms and basement under vaults, and those on the first floor under flat ceilings.
On this photo of Dunavska street taken during the Great flood od 1876, we can see only the adorned cornice of this house, that was lower than the one on number 11 at the time.
On this photo, which was taken between 1906 and 1908, we can see the new facade of this house, in the style of Historicism, with a higher roofline than on the earlier photo, meaning that this house was reconstructed or rebuilt at the end of 19th century.
On the roof, we can see the electrical installation years before the city of Novi Sad got its first powerhouse in 1910. These power lines came from the electric aggregate in the courtyard of the hotel Vojvodina, which was installed between 1892 and 1895, and produced electricity for lighting in the parts of the city center.
On this color photo taken in 1995, we can see the facade didn’t change much since the time of the previous photo, and it is similar to its present day look.
The courtyard facade’s most prominent feature is the communication balcony, with stone consoles and a wrought-iron railing.
The street wing of the house has a double-slope roof, while the yard wing has a single-slope roof. It is covered with crown tiles and modern roof sheets.
On this photo, we can see the present day look of the house.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
Sources and materials of the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for this site
THE NOVI SAD OLD TOWN was declared a cultural property by the decision for determining spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 No 633-151/2008 of 17th January 2008, “Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia” No 07/2008.