One-story house, built in Art Nouveau style, with a base in the shape of the Cyrillic letter “П”, in 1923 for the owner Dr. Miladina Svinjareva – Veličkovića, on the site of an earlier house built during the Great Renovation in the early 1850s.
Dr. lived in this house. Miladin Svinjarev – Veličković (1877-1929), Head of the Gynecology and Obstetrics Department of the State Hospital in Novi Sad from 1919 to 1929. He was also a playwright, and his plays were often performed on the stage of the Serbian National Theater.
The street facade has six windows, the central two of which are on a shallow elevation, and a pedestrian entrance along the left edge.
The facade is richly decorated in Art Nouveau style. The house follows the old street regulation, which can be traced back to the oldest city plan from 1745.
On Sauter’s plan from 1889, plot number 909 was marked at the time. The base of the building corresponds to today’s.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
The sources and materials of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for the realization of this website
The Old Core of Novi Sad was declared a cultural asset, by the decision on establishing it as a spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 no. 633-151/2008 of January 17, 2008, “Sl. gazette of the Republic of Serbia” no. 07/2008.