Jasna Melvinger (May 26, 1940) poet, novelist and linguist.
Jasna Melvinger was born on May 26, 1940. in Petrovaradin. She finished high school and studied South Slavic languages and South Slavic literature at the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad, where she received her master’s degree in 1969 after postgraduate studies and professional training in France. She received her doctorate in 1981 at the Faculty of Philosophy in Zagreb. From 1964 to 1971, she was an assistant at the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad. From 1971 to 1976, she was employed and then director of the Cultural Center, chief and responsible editor of the Tribune mladih in Novi Sad. At that time, she was a member of the editorial board of the student newspaper Indeks, the literary magazine Polja, the edition of Matica srpska Prva knjiga and the edition of the author group Kairos. Since 1976, extraordinary, and after 1991, full professor at the Pedagogical Academy in Osijek (now the Faculty of Philosophy). Since 1964, he has been publishing scientific works in the fields of linguistics, stylistics and poetics, as well as grammar and lexicology. Wrote several textbooks for eight-year-olds, high schools and colleges.
- Water flower, Novi Sad 1958.
- Everything that breathes, Kragujevac 1963.
- This is how old women die, Novi Sad 1963.
- World and light, Novi Sad 1971.
- Five sisters, Novi Sad 1972.
- High sides of beds, Novi Sad 1979.
- Syntax and semantics of the infinitive in the Croatian literary language (dissertation, Zagreb 1981).
-Advance for today, Novi Sad 1986.
- Love sonnets, Novi Sad 1989.
- That renaissance, not yet as the last chance, 2002.
- Modern and its postmodern mimicry, Zagreb 2003.
-Vozelnica: selected and new songs, Novi Sad 2004
- Libra with angels, Subotica 2005.
-Danube clepsydra, Novi Sad 2006.
-Libra with angels: prepared and edited by Mile Stojić; VBZ, Zagreb 2008
She received several awards for her work. Among other:
– 1973. October Award of the city of Novi Sad
-2006 Charter of “High stone of stone” – for overall literary oeuvre and permanent contribution to Croatian literature at the 17th poetry meeting in Drenovci, awarded by the Society of Croatian Book Writers
-2008 “Goran’s Wreath” – for overall contribution to poetic art
Decoration of the Order of the Croatian Danica with the image of Marko Marulić – for outstanding contribution to culture, 2009.