This two-story house was built in 1852, for the owners Sofija and Jovan Paskovic. The blueprints were finished in 1850 by Viennese architect Jozef Straufer. The house bears the features of the Neoclassical and Neoromantic style.
Jovan Paskovic was the manager of the Patriarchs estate in Dalj.
The house has an L-shaped floor plan, with the yard wing on the right side, and the gateway in the middle of the street facade.
In the original blueprint, there were four symmetrical shop windows on each side of the gateway, and now there are two large rectangular shop windows on each side of the gateway.
In the middle of the first-floor facade, there is an avant-corps with one window, above the gateway. On each side of the avant-corps there are four symmetrical windows.
The windows bear the features of the Neoclassical and Neoromantic style.
On the far end of the gateway there is a stone staircase with wrought iron railing and a freestanding column at its top.
The street wing of the house has a double-slope roof, while the short yard wings have a single-slope roof. The street wing and the right yard wing is covered with the original crown tiles.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
Sources and materials of the Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for this site
THE NOVI SAD OLD TOWN was declared a cultural property by the decision for determining spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 No 633-151/2008 of 17th January 2008, “Official Gazette of Republic of Serbia” No 07/2008.