This two-story house was built between 1820 and 1860. The house bears the features of the late Neoclassical style.
The house has an L-shaped floor-plan, with the yard-wing on the right side. There used to be an arched gateway in the middle of the street facade when it was built.
The original look of the street facade was changed in the 1925 reconstruction, giving it the main features of its present-day appearance. The gateway in the middle of the street facade was closed, and instead, a narrow passage was added at the right end, that now leads to the courtyard and the first-floor apartments. The blueprint for the reconstruction was done by Djura Grusevic, for the owner Milan Popov.
On the ground-floor of the street facade, there are four arched shop-openings and the narrow passage on the right end is rectangular.
There are five windows on the first-floor facade, decorated in the Neoclassical style, with architraves and pilasters.
The communication balcony with wrought-iron railing connects the first-floor rooms.
The street wing of the house has a double-slope roof, while the short yard wings have a single-slope roof. The street wing and the right yard wing is covered with the original crown tiles.
The realisation of this site was supported by the Administration for Culture of the City of Novi Sad
The sources and materials of the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments of the City of Novi Sad were used for the realization of this website
The Old Core of Novi Sad was declared a cultural asset, by the decision on establishing it as a spatial cultural-historical unit – 05 no. 633-151/2008 of January 17, 2008, “Sl. gazette of the Republic of Serbia” no. 07/2008.